Did you know that the health of your employees directly correlates to the success of your business? It’s true! When your workers are sluggish, ill and/or scheduling frequent doctor visits, it affects their productivity, which can affect the business’ profits. Because of this, encouraging employee wellness, even if it requires an investment, can be very beneficial for both employees and employers.
A healthy workforce, generally speaking, is more alert and less stressed, which can lead to increased productivity. Not to mention, a healthy staff can bring down the cost of healthcare. So how can you encourage your employees to make healthier choices and improve their overall wellness? Try some of the following tips, or create your own list that applies to the needs of your staff and your business.
· Join the effort yourself! You can improve your own health while inspiring employees to follow the example.
· Invite employees to take a 10-minute walk mid-morning and mid-afternoon to stretch out and relieve tension.
· Plan lunchtime exercises, such as a group walk or run. Employees can motivate each other to keep up with their fitness goals.
· Make a deal with a local gym that would result in discounted memberships for your employees, which, in turn, provides the gym with more business. It’s a win-win!
· Limit break room snacks to healthier options, such as granola bars, yogurt, fruit and bottled water.
· Bring in health and wellness professionals to teach seminars about nutrition, exercise, stress relief etc.
Not only does a healthy staff perform better, but morale is generally higher when a business shows compassion for employees’ personal lives. After all, people spend a large portion of their time at work and they should be comfortable and healthy while there.
Your staff deserves the best. Call J.S. Edwards and Sherlock at 409-951-3900 for more information on Texas employee benefits.