Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Cars, like most vehicles, are vulnerable to various risks. Collisions, theft and vandalism are common incidents that can occur at any time and create financial issues. Having an auto insurance policy is essential to limit out-of-pocket recovery expenses following an unforeseen accident.
How Does Car Insurance Work?
Car insurance works like most insurance policies. You pay an insurance premium to your insurance carrier in exchange for financial assistance following a covered accident. You are commonly required to pay a deductible for specific coverages, which you’ll cover out of pocket before your insurance policy helps cover the remaining accident-related expenses.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance commonly includes the following coverages:
· Liability insurance helps insure against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
o Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and, in some cases, deaths).
o Property damage liability helps pay for damage to other parties’, such as their car.
· Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck with another vehicle or collision with an object (e.g., fence or sign).
· Comprehensive insurance helps pay for noncollision mishaps, such as weather damage.
· Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers, regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
· Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to MedPay coverage because it helps cover medical bills. However, it may also provide wage replacement benefits and coverage for funeral costs following an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
· Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
Reach out to the agents at J.S. Edwards & Sherlock to learn more about additional coverages to include in your insurance policy.
What Is the Purpose of Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance may be required by your state’s laws, and it is one of the most common coverages because its primary purpose is to financially protect car owners from having to pay significant out-of-pocket expenses after an accident. Car accidents can be significant financial stressors, which is why carrying an auto insurance policy is so important.
If you are a car owner near Beaumont, Texas, the experienced agents at J.S. Edwards & Sherlock can help guide you through the process of learning more about auto insurance and deciding on the right coverage for your situation.
Learn more by reaching out to our agency today at 409-951-3900.